Cured Sheep’s Cheese (Queijo Serra Da Estrela, 2lb)
From the mountains of Serra Da Estrela comes one of Portugal's most famous and appreciated cheeses. Queijo Serra da Estrela is a unique and flavorful cheese made from sheep's milk. Sheep's cheese is soft and gooey and has been manufactured in the Serra Da Estrela region for generations. Serra da Estrela Cheese has been granted PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) status in the European Union and has even been added to the international catalogue of endangered heritage foods named in the Ark of Taste.
- Premium cheese, Imported from Portugal
- Ships frozen arrives thawed and ready to refrigerate.
- Before consuming we recommend letting the cheese "breathe" for a few hours by removing it from the plastic wrap and cheese cloth. If purchasing in the Summer months the cheese may arrive very soft, we recommend refrigerating for three hours before unwrapping.
- You can either slice the cheese when immediately removed from the refrigerator or carve a circle out of the top to make a lid and scoop out the cheese once it's soft (we recommend leaving it out for a few hours to get it very gooey). Put the lid back on until next time (if there is a next time)! The rind is safe to eat.
- Each Cheese weighs about 800 grams (Approximately 2lbs)
- Brands may vary depending on availability and season
PERISHABLE ITEMS SHIP ON MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. If you make your purchase on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday your items will be shipped the following Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday depending on sales volumes and inventory.